Dayton High School is a private Boarding and Day secondary school located in a very serene area in Port Harcourt. We offer a blend of the Nigerian and British curricula. Our vision is to be the preferred place for secondary school education in Nigeria and among the top internationally acclaimed high schools. To achieve this, our greatest asset is our teachers, who apart from being among the best around, are highly motivated and therefore committed to their duties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mathematics Teacher
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability to understand and utilize their knowledge of in Mathematics.
- To oversee the provision of relevant and up-to-date advice and support for pupils as it relates to the subject
- To co-ordinate the selection and development of appropriate syllabus and courses in line with related resources.
- Deliver engaging, coherent and motivating lessons to students across in varying classes.
- Utilize learning technology in the planning and delivery of lessons.
- To keep up to date with curriculum changes and reforms.
- Develop lesson plans in line with the curriculum objectives.
- To plan for, provide and maintain the physical resources necessary for learning and the delivery of chosensyllabuses and courses(including for example; books, past papers, file shares, furniture, equipment etc). Wherenecessary, liaise with other departments to achieve this feat.
- To undertake, where appropriate, other roles, which may arise either in the department or in the wider school environment.
- Any other duties relating to the job as required from time to time by the Head of School /Principal.
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of second class upper in Mathematics, Engineering or related courses
- Must have a minimum of 2- 10 years of phonics teaching experience.
Familiar with WAEC and Cambridge IGSE curricula
- Must possess strong practical knowledge and skills in delivering lessons to students.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about teaching and be able to demonstrate genuine care for young children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of e – learning platforms is an added advantage.
N50,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: We are looking for a smart professional who is available to resume immediately.