The German Chancellor Fellowship is available for the leaders of tomorrow. Are you a graduate with initial leadership experience? Are you from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, or the USA?
Would you like to execute a self-chosen project that supports your career development, is societally appropriate, and has a lasting public impact? Are you interested in vigorously partaking in an international network of true leaders? Then you should come to Germany with a German Chancellor Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to take the next step of your career.
Benefits of the scholarship
This German Chancellor Fellowship brings you to Germany for one year to execute a project view you have developed yourself. We will help you network with international future leaders here to find new answers to the global issues of our time. We offer you
- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros, or 2,770 euros – relying on your training and career level
- an intensive language course before you start your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- individual support during your stay in Germany
- extra financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, travel expenses, full private health insurance, or an additional German language course
- joint events where you share professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain wisdom about German culture and society,
- networking activities that allow you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organize smaller network formats with other fellows,
- a two-week study tour through Germany as well as several events where you can join with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in certain to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany throughout your whole professional career
- Your host institution will receive a monthly allowance for research costs of 500 euros.
Requirements for the German Chancellor Fellowship
The German Chancellor Fellowship funds future decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders – regardless of industry. You can apply if you:
- hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African, or American citizenship
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society, or culture and have verifiable initial leadership experience
- will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor’s or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago when you start your fellowship
- want to run an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good proficiency in English and/or German
How to Apply for the German Chancellor Fellowship
- Interested and eligible for the German Chancellor Fellowship, click here to apply. Before you apply, you should discuss the details of your project with your preferred host.
- Submit the required application documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only.
- letter of motivation: explain what drives you, what leadership experience you already have, and what your career goals are
- project plan: Summarize the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your planned host before applying. Why is your project of societal value, and how will you be able to build bridges between Germany and your home country in the future?
- an extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany
- two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from people who can provide information on your professional, personal, and/or academic background.
- Note that the online application form contains links where the letters of recommendation and statements can be uploaded. Please forward these links to the appropriate individuals as soon as possible. We will send you a confirmation e-mail as soon as we have received all the needed documents.
If you have any doubts or questions, contact (info[at]avh. de) before you submit your application.
For further inquiries, visit here.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2022