Clemson University LIFE Scholarships program provides awards ranging from $5,000 to $7,500 per year based on an academic level and major. No application is required as Clemson University will determine who qualifies. The scholarships may be received for about four years (eight semesters) from the date that a student first enrolls as long as renewal requirements are met. The Clemson University LIFE Scholarships may be achieved after initial college enrollment. See information concerning “enhancements” below.
Clemson University is a public land-grant research university in Clemson, South Carolina. Established in 1889, the university is the second-largest student population in South Carolina. For the fall 2019 semester, Clemson University enrolled a total of 20,195 undergraduate students and 5,627 graduate students, and the student/faculty ratio was 18:1.
The university’s 1,400-acre campus is in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The campus now borders Lake Hartwell, which was created by the dam completed in 1962. Clemson University manages the nearby 17,500-acre Clemson Experimental Forest that is used for research, education, and recreation.
Clemson University comprises seven colleges: Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences; Architecture, Arts and Humanities; The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business; Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences; Education; Engineering, Computing, and Applied Sciences; and Science. However, U.S. News & World Report ranks Clemson University 74th for 2021 among all national U.S. universities. The university is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity.
Furthermore, Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) was founded in 2013 in Greenville as a seminary for automotive research and innovation. CU-ICAR is a 250-acre (101 ha) automotive and motorsports research campus. The department of Automotive Engineering was rated tenth in the world in 2015. CU-ICAR includes a graduate school offering masters and doctoral degrees in automotive engineering, and programs concentrated on systems integration. The campus also includes an Information Technology Research Center being developed by BMW. BMW, Microsoft, IBM, Bosch, Timken, JTEKT/Koyo, and Michelin are all major corporate partners of CU-ICAR. Private-sector companies that have dedicated to launching offices and/or facilities on the campus include the Society of Automotive Engineers and Timken.
Moreover, plans for the campus also include a full-scale, four-vehicle capability rolling-road wind tunnel. For the Class of 2022 (enrolling in fall 2018), Clemson University received 28,845 applications and accepted 13,613 (47.2%), with 3,792 enrolling. The middle 50% range of SAT scores for enrolling freshmen was 610-690 for reading and writing, and 610-710 for math. While the middle 50% ACT composite score range was 27–32 and the average high school grade point average (GPA) was 4.43.
worths of the Scholarship:
All successful candidates of Clemson University LIFE Scholarships will receive:
- Freshmen students: $5,000.
- Sophomore-, junior-, and senior-level students: $7,500.
Eligibility for Clemson University LIFE Scholarships
- The Clemson University LIFE Scholarship is made available to U.S. Citizens.
Eligible non-citizens under state residency statutes can also apply.
- Residents of South Carolina at the time of high school graduation and during the period of the scholarship are qualified to apply.
- Applicants who have graduated from a South Carolina high school or were dependent on a parent or guardian will be regarded.
- She/he must be a full-time undergraduate seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Candidates for Clemson University LIFE Scholarship must not have been judged contrary, nor have been sentenced or pled guilty or nolo contendere to any felony in any state.
- Each scholar must not have been convicted of any second alcohol or drug-related misdemeanor.
- You must not have been found guilty in any state within 12 months before the period of the award.
- Scholars applying for the scholarship must not be involved in default or owe a refund or repayment on any federal or state financial aid.
How to Apply for Clemson University LIFE Scholarships
If you are interested in the scholarship and eligible, click here to apply.
Application Deadline is Not Specified but it is still open.
Leave a Reply