Glasgow School for Business and Society are pleased to offer 5 Fashion Marketing Scholarships worth £7,500 each available to applicants who are paying international fees starting the 2022/2023 academic year.
Glasgow Caledonian University is a public university based in Glasgow, Scotland. It was created in 1993 by the merger of The Queen’s College, Glasgow (founded in 1875), and Glasgow Polytechnic (founded in 1991).
In June 2017, the university’s New York partner institution, which was established in 2013, was permitted to award degrees in the state, the first higher education institution founded by a foreign university to earn this status.
Glasgow Caledonian University traces its origin from The Queen’s College, Glasgow (founded 1875) and the Glasgow College of Technology (founded 1971). However, the Queen’s College, which specialized in providing training in domestic science, received the Royal accolade of being named after Queen Elizabeth in its centenary celebrations in 1975. Queen Elizabeth herself was Patron of the College since 1944.
Glasgow Polytechnic, which happens to be one of the largest central institutions in Scotland, offered externally validated degrees and diplomas in engineering, science, and the humanities: the first of which was a BA in Optics, followed by degrees in Social Sciences (1973) and Nursing (1977).
On 1 April 1993, the two institutions amalgamated to create Glasgow Caledonian University. The new university took its name from Caledonia, the poetic Latin name for present-day Scotland. The main campus of the Glasgow Caledonian University is built on the site of the former Buchanan Street Station, built by the Caledonian Railway.
In addition, independent research executed in 2015 disclosed that the University contributes over £480m to Scotland’s economy each year with the quantifiable lifetime premium of a one-year class of graduates calculated at around £400m, bringing the University’s total annual economic impact to around £880m in Scotland alone.
Annie Lennox was installed as Glasgow Caledonian University’s first female chancellor, taking over the position from Nobel Peace Prize laureate Muhammad Yunus, at a ceremony in July 2018. Pamela Gillies is the Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University, appointed in 2006.
According to the Research Excellence Framework, Glasgow Caledonian University is the top modern university in Scotland by research power. The University’s social policy research impact at world-leading levels has rated the university in the top 10 in the UK.
Furthermore, the University has three university-wide institutes that engage in cross-disciplinary research: The Institute for Applied Health Research, which researches a range of health-related topics; The Institute for Sustainable Engineering and Technology Research, which researches a range of disciplines aspired at minimizing the impact on the environment; and The Institute for Society and Social Justice Research, which researches the topics of citizenship and participation, crime and justice, and gender and economy.
The Glasgow Caledonian University also has research centers including The Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health, the Centre for Climate Justice, and the Women in Scotland’s (WiSE) Economy Research Centre.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- The Fashion Marketing Scholarships offered are a discount of £7,500 automatically deducted from your tuition fees.
Requirements for Fashion Marketing Scholarships
- Postgraduate full-time students studying MSc International Fashion Marketing as a new student in the academic year 2022/2023 are categorized as international students for fee purposes.
- These Fashion Marketing Scholarships are restricted to International and EU applicants who are classified as international students for fee purposes.
- Candidates must be ordinarily resident in an EU or International country.
- Scholars must be entirely self-funded.
- You must be starting your first year of study on a postgraduate degree course at the university in September 2022.
- Only one Fashion Marketing Scholarships award can be made per student and the award will not be carried over if you postpone your studies to another academic year.
- Please note that successful candidates should be available for promotional activities.
How to Apply for Fashion Marketing Scholarships
If you are interested in the scholarship and qualified, click here for more information.
Application Deadline: Not Specified